January 21, 2022 . . . . News, Updates and Reminders
- Condo Dryer Vent Cleaning Project: Beginning at 8am Monday, January 24, we will launch a dryer vent cleaning project in buildings 2700, 2600, 2500, and 1300. This project will require our team to access each unit. For the 2-week schedule and additional information, please follow this link.
- Reminder Condo Owners: If you have not paid your HOA dues, please contact our office for the amount due, which now carries a late fee and interest. Also, if you have not recently received confirmation that we have a current homeowner’s insurance Declaration on file for you, please provide an official proof of insurance with your payment. If you can’t make it into the office during our regular office hours, you may use the dropbox outside the main door at the clubhouse or call us at 304-598-5815 to learn how to make an electronic payment through your bank. Thank you.
January 18, 2022 . . . News, Updates and Reminders
- Condo HOA Board of Directors Meeting: The next BOD meeting for the SCVCA will be held today (Tuesday, Jan. 18) at 4:30pm (due to Zoom set-up). This meeting will be held in the clubhouse and via Zoom. If you requested to attend via Zoom, watch for an email inviting you to join the meeting just before 4:30pm.
- Use Caution Walking and Driving: As winter hovers over us, please continue to use caution while walking and driving in our community and throughout town. You’ll find this week’s forecast here.
- Vehicle and Contact Information: Residents are reminded to contact our office with updated vehicle and personal contact information for our records.
- Bylaws, Covenants and Restrictions, Community Rules and Regulations: All Suncrest Village owners are expected to read and comply with the applicable bylaws, covenants and restrictions, insurance requirements, community rules and regulations, etc., for our Condo HOA and/or Townhome HOA. Also, all Suncrest Village residents are expected to comply with our community rules and regulations and repeated reminders.
- Food Truck Thursday: Due to inclement weather, there will be no food truck this week. Please check back for schedule updates later this – or early next – week.
January 14, 2022 . . . News, Updates and Reminders
- Weekend Winter Storm Watch: A winter storm watch has been issued for this Sunday afternoon through Monday afternoon. Please use caution getting around our community and throughout the greater Morgantown area. Freezing temperatures and snow and ice will make walking and driving hazardous.
- Condo HOA Board of Directors Meeting: The next BOD meeting for the SCVCA will be held on Tuesday, Jan. 18 at 4:30pm (due to Zoom set-up). This meeting will be held in the clubhouse and via Zoom. If you would like to attend via Zoom, please contact Holli or call the office by 5pm on Monday, Jan. 17 and watch for an email inviting you to join the meeting.
- Moving in or out of a Condo? If you are moving in or out of a condo in a building with an elevator, please contact our office 2-3 work days in advance so we may pad the elevator to protect the walls, and make arrangements for opening the access gate, if needed. Residents/owners will be held responsible for any damages to the elevators.
- Food Truck Feedback: Thanks to those of you who braved the rain to support our food vendor yesterday. We’re working on a schedule for the upcoming months and will post updates here. Stay informed. We can’t control the weather, but we’d like to hear from you with any suggestions for improvements, new vendors for 2022, etc. Contact us today with “Food Truck Feedback” in the subject line.
Jan 13, 2022 . . . News, Updates and Reminders
- Food Truck Thursday: What’s Smokin BBQ will return to Suncrest Village today from 5-7pm at the Mail Center. Follow this link for this week’s menu. Cash and credit cards are accepted.
- Compactor – Scheduled Dumpster Transfer for Tomorrow: The dumpster will be removed for its regularly scheduled transfer away from Suncrest Village tomorrow (Friday, Jan 14, 2022) morning. Please plan NOT to use the compactor on tomorrow until after noon. As always, no trash may be left on the ground outside the compactor. REMINDER: furniture is NOT allowed in the compactor, anywhere around the Refuse Area, or throughout our community! Violators will be fined. For more information, follow this link. Thank you.
- Arctic Temperatures: Beginning tomorrow, below freezing temperatures are expected for the weekend. Set your thermostats on HEAT at 68 degrees or higher. Open cabinet doors under the sinks to allow heat to circulate. Never turn off the electric or heat during the winter months.
- Attention Landlords and Property Managers: Please contact our office with any changes in the tenancy status for your unit(s). Remember to direct new tenants to register at our office and be sure to collect all access devices/items (entrance gate FOBs and cards, pool passes and bands, and keys) from your outgoing tenants.
Jan 11, 2022 . . . News, Updates and Reminders
- Food Truck Thursday: What’s Smokin BBQ will return to Suncrest Village this Thursday from 5-7pm at the Mail Center. Follow this link for this week’s menu.
- Pet Leash Community Rules/County Law and Pet Waste: Suncrest Village residents are reminded that dogs must be on a leash. Not only is this a community rule, it also a Monongalia County Ordinance (law). If you see a dog outside without a leash, please contact our office and the Animal Control office of Monongalia County. Pet owners also should be aware of additional responsibilities by the State of West Virginia concerning pets.
- Are You New to Suncrest Village? Please stop by our office in the clubhouse during regular business hours to register as a new resident. In addition to your contact information, we need your license plate number as well as the inventory control numbers on your gate devices and pool pass. To help us serve you better, please bring your gate device(s), keys, and pool pass with you to register. To expedite your orientation, please review our Frequently Asked Questions and General Info pages in advance of registering. If you moving into a condo building with an elevator, you must contact our office to make arrangements to have the elevator walls padded.
- Holiday Decorations: According to our community policy, the deadline to remove exterior holiday decorations from all condos and townhomes is 10 days after the holiday. If you have not yet removed your exterior holiday decorations, owners and residents are asked to comply with our policy by removing them today. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Masks Required in the Clubhouse: For current information about Covid test sites, vaccines, and boosters, visit the Monongalia County Health Department’s Covid Portal here. Stay well and safe. If you are unable to pick up your packages at our office due to illness, please contact us to make alternative arrangements.
Jan 7, 2022 . . . News, Updates and Reminders
- Cold Weather Advisory: Avoid pipes freezing in your unit by turning up the heat to at least 68 degrees. Although the day time temperatures may warm up a bit, colder temperatures are expected overnight for the next few days.
- Icy Conditions – Caution Advised: Snow removal and salting sidewalks will continue; however, be cautious walking outside as the melted snow will refreeze and continue to make for icy conditions throughout the community.
- Food Truck Thursday: Weather permitting, we will welcome back What’s Smokin BBQ next Thursday! Watch for updates next week.
Jan 4, 2022 . . . News, Updates and Reminders
- SCVCA HOA Dues – Attention Condo Owners: Tomorrow is the end of the 5-day grace period for paying your HOA dues. If we do not receive your payment before 6pm tomorrow, late fees will be added to your bill. If payments are not made before January 15 interest will added to the amount due.
- Compactor – Scheduled Dumpster Transfer for Wednesday: The dumpster will be removed for its regularly scheduled transfer away from Suncrest Village tomorrow (Wednesday, Jan 5, 2022) morning. Please plan NOT to use the compactor on tomorrow until after noon. As always, no trash may be left on the ground outside the compactor. REMINDER: furniture is NOT allowed in the compactor, anywhere around the Refuse Area, or throughout our community! Violators will be fined. For more information, follow this link. Thank you.
- Holiday Decorations: According to our community policy, today is the deadline to remove exterior holiday decorations from all condos and townhomes. With colder temperatures and snow on the way, today is the ideal day to tackle the task. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Cold Weather Advisory: With colder temperatures expected later this week (and beyond), avoid pipes freezing in your unit by turning on the heat to at least 68 degrees. If you’re leaving for the weekend or longer, you might consider opening the cabinet doors under your sinks to allow for air and heat to circulate around water lines/pipes.
- Positive Trends for West Virginia: According to the United Van Lines 45th Annual National Movers Study, the Mountain State ranked fourth in the 2021 list of states with high inbound migration (55 percent or greater). Learn more from WV Public Broadcasting here.
To access archived news, follow this link. Check this page and watch your emails for additional updates. If you are not receiving emails, please contact us to confirm we have your current email address.